MIMO Communications Testbed
Some key features on the testbed are:
- Testbed hardware provides a simple method for testing algorithms over the air.
- All baseband processing is on "Baseband Board".
- Interchangeable "Radio Modules" allow different RF bands to be used.
- Up to 4x4 MIMO supported using 2 boards.
- Supports online or offline processing:
- Write VHDL code for online processing in FPGA
- Use PC via USB/ethernet to perform processing offline with MATLAB, C, etc.
- Testbeds operating from a single PC have been incorporated into a MATLAB model of 3G LTE system
- Cross platform compatible: Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Usable with a single PC, or multiple PCs
- Research tool
- Platform for implementation of algorithms
- Undergraduate teaching tool